- corrugated cardboard has a recycling rate of 84% in the UK.
This is the highest recycling rate of any type of packaging in the UK;
- as a direct result, every four months an area the size of Greater
London is saved from landfill;
- on average, corrugated boxes manufactured in the UK are
made from 76% recycled fibre.;
- the recycling of paper is not a new concept and industry is
proud of its recycling heritage that started over 100 years ago;
- the recycling loop is so efficient that an old box can be recycled,
and reused in just two weeks;
- corrugated boxes are biodegradable and in some cases this will be the preferred disposal method. Consumers can take this opportunity where recycling facilities are not yet available.
For more information information about corrugated download the following fact sheets
Packaging has come under the spotlight in recent months and consumers are concerned about its impact on the environment. Corrugated boxes offer superb opportunities as they come from a sustainable resource and have an extremely high recycling rate at the end of their useful life.
The benefits of the campaign are to raise awareness of one of the key benefits of corrugated packaging – its exceptional recycling rate.
The entire corrugated industry has united behind this campaign and we aim to print the "Corrugated Recycles" logo in a clearly visible position on every printed corrugated container made in the UK.
Download the guidance
notes and the "Corrugated Recycles" logo below to
see how you can participate.
If you would like further information regarding the campaign email email@example.com